MEET OUR EXPERTS
alliantNational has the experience and expertise to guide you through even the most complex areas of the tax code.
RON SCHULTZ, LL.M., J.D.
Former Senior Technical Advisor for the IRS; alliantNational Senior Advisor
Ron Schultz is an Advisor for alliantNational, alliantgroup’s Washington D.C. based national office, and a former high level advisor serving within several divisions of the IRS. During different points in his time with the Service, Ron held the position of Senior Technical Advisor for the Commissioner of Tax Exempt and Government Entities (TEGE), for the IRS Commissioner of Large and Mid-Size Business (LMSB), and for the Deputy Commissioner for Services and Enforcement. In these different roles, Schultz provided superb technical guidance on key matters to the IRS.
In his current capacity at the firm, Ron leverages his experience with the Service and as a 25-year tax professional in the public and private sectors for the benefit of CPAs and taxpayers, helping both groups navigate uncertain tax positions and other tax controversy matters.
POSITIONS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY INITIATIVES AT THE IRS:
Senior Technical Advisor for the IRS Commissioner of Large and Midsize Business (LMSB) and for the Deputy Commissioner for Services and Enforcement
- Developed strategies for sensitive and high profile IRS compliance initiatives including those related to:
- International and offshore compliance
- High income and high wealth individuals
- Voluntary disclosure programs
- The reporting of uncertain tax positions by business taxpayers on a new Schedule UTP
Senior Technical Advisor for the Commissioner of Tax Exempt and Government Entities (TEGE)
- Worked closely with the IRS Office of Chief Counsel and the Office of Tax Policy in the Department of Treasury to develop technical guidance and legislative proposals in support of compliance initiatives
- Developed and redesigned IRS Form 990
- Assisted in formulating and implementing key IRS exempt organization compliance programs
Member of the United States Congress Staff of the Joint Committee on Taxation
- Assisted in the development of various tax legislative proposals, including those related to:
- Exemption requirements for health care and other types of organizations
- Charitable contributions
- Public charity and private foundation excise taxes
- Prohibited tax shelter transactions
- Form 990 and 990-T reporting
- LL.M. in Taxation and Graduate Tax Scholar, Georgetown University Law Center
- J.D., William Mitchell College of Law
- MBT (Master of Business Taxation), University of Minnesota
- BSB (Bachelor of Science, Business), University of Minnesota
- Tax Exempt and Government Entities
- International Tax
- Offshore Compliance
- Federal and State Tax Law Compliance